It’s that time of year! I’m an eggnog lover and for the trillion calories per half cup, I’m all set. So I came up with my best version of it that wouldn’t cause you to gain 8lbs sniffing it. Yes I used raw pasteurized egg yolks and I’m still alive! Give it a try. I think it tasted pretty amazing. You can also adjust sweetness to your liking.
Healthy Pumpkin Eggnog Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup milk or milk alternative (I used almond milk)
- 1 egg yolk (raw)
- 1.5 teaspoons gelatin
- 137 grams roasted pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sweetener of choice (I used Splenda but honey, stevia or anything would work)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
Put all items in blender and blend, voila!
*If using puréed pumpkin you may need to add ice to thicken it up a bit.